Health & Safety Policy Statement
Mid-Tech Services Ltd, (the company), recognises and accepts its legal obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 197 4, and all applicable Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice made under it.
The company will ensure as far as is reasonably practicable, the Health & Safety and Welfare at work of all its employees, trainees, directors, contractors, and temporary workers.
The company will ensure as far as is reasonably practicable the Health and Safety of visitors, customers, members of the public, or other third parties, who attend or use its premises, and who may affected by its works.
In accordance with its legal obligations the company has carried out a Risk Assessment of its activities, equipment, facilities, and all other related arrangements where matters of Health and Safety may be involved.
The company’s Health and Safety policy, (the policy), is designed to ensure the company complies with its Statutory Health and Safety, and any other Legal obligations, and to apply the necessary measures identified in its Risk Assessment, and to adopt all other reasonably practicable measures.
The company is committed to eliminating hazards associated with its operations and thereby Occupational Health & Safety risks.
The company will provide a framework for setting Occupational Health & Safety objectives, and will strive to continually improve its management system.
The company is committed to consultation and participation of all employees in achieving its objectives and goals.
The responsibility for ensuring effective organisation and arrangements for safety of the workplace, and the safe operation of plant and machinery lies with management.
The company’s management are committed to providing whatever resources are necessary to ensure Health and Safety policies and procedures are maintained, implemented, and continually improved.
Under the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 197 4 and The Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999, the company has a duty to:
- Provide safe places of work, and the prevention of work related injuries and ill health.
- Provide and maintain plant and systems of work that are, as far as is reasonably Practicable, safe and without risks to health.
- Make arrangements for ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, safety and the absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of its employees.
- Maintain any place of work under its control in a condition which is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health and to provide and maintain safe means of access to and exit from such places of work that are safe and without risk to health.
- Provide and maintain a working environment for employees that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for welfare at work.
- Conduct the company’s business in a manner which will not put at risk the health, safety, and welfare of other persons not in our employment, whether working on or visiting our premises.
Every employee has a responsibility for the safety of themselves and others.
Employees have a duty whilst at work to:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others, (including fellow employees, other persons working on or visiting the premises, and customers), that may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operate with the company in the steps that it takes to meet its legal obligations.
- Report to their immediate manager any physical condition, system or practice which they consider unsafe or potentially unsafe.
- Refrain from intentionally or recklessly interfering with or misusing anything provided in the interests of health and safety.
Any failure to comply with a statutory or company requirement could result in legal and/or disciplinary proceedings being taken.
Name: Mike Dewey
Position: Managing Director Date: 12/06/2023