Environmental Policy Statement
Mid Tech Services Limited is a Mechanical and Electrical and Building Services specialist contractor, provide maintenance, repairs and installation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, mechanical and electrical plant, building fabric. and associated equipment.
The company operates across a number of sectors including retail, commercial, and industrial, both direct to end users and through Facility and Property Management providers.
We recognise that in our day-to-day operations we inevitably impact on the environment in a number of ways, including but not limited to. waste generation, use of natural resources and CO2 emissions.
As a responsible company we are fully committed to continual improvement in our environmental performance, and taking all reasonably practicable steps to prevent environmental pollution and reduce our impact on the local and global environment.
We aim to achieve this by:
• Complying with, and where possible exceeding, the requirements of all relevant legal and other requirements.
• Taking appropriate measures to prevent pollution and minimise nuisance.
• Establishing and maintaining a management system based on the requirements of ISO14001 and auditing our environmental performance.
• Developing improvement programmes based on the setting and reviewing of annual objectives and targets, which address our significant aspects (and impacts).
• Making more efficient use of resources by improving raw materials, energy & fuel efficiency, and minimising waste generation.
• Providing information and training to all employees and persons working for, or on our behalf, to encourage effective contribution to our environmental goals.
• Ensuring that employees at all levels and persons working for or on our behalf take in to account environmental issues when planning, implementing and undertaking projects.
• Communicating this policy to all our employees, persons working for or on our behalf, interested parties and members of the public.
Mike Dewey, Managing Director of Mid Tech Services Limited, is ultimately responsible for the implementation of Company Environmental Policy and Procedures.
Ian Brain, Compliance/Health & Safety Manager, is responsible for all matters appertaining to the Environmental Procedures and Processes.
Clare Mann, Office Manageress, is responsible for ensuring that the Operational and Administrative functions are carried out in accordance with Company Environmental Procedures.
Sean Hannon, Contracts Supervisor, is responsible for ensuring that the company’s mobile maintenance and engineering Operations are carried out in accordance with Company Environmental Procedures.
Environmental policy defined by documented Process & Procedures to assist staff and agents in carrying out their work, in a planned, consistent, and economical manner. These procedures are intended to foster the exercise of professional engineering judgement, and creative problem solving, and must be read in conjunction with this policy.
As part of this policy our systems will comply with Statutory Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, British Standards, Gas Safe and FGas Registers, and any other applicable regulations or Codes of Practice.
All Directors, staff and agents are required to carry out their duties in accordance with the Integrated Management System (IMS).
The company is committed to continual compliance with and improvement in its IMS, and service delivery. To achieve this, the company will set and monitor objectives and targets, at relevant levels throughout its operations.
Formal performance review meetings will be held at 3 monthly intervals. Performance will be reviewed against KPI’s, and any corrective actions identified will be rectified within a specified time period.
It is incumbent on all employees to comply with the objectives of this policy, and to follow the written Processes & Procedures defined in the IMS. All employees are individually responsible for the environment, compliance with the required standards during the course of their work, and will be provided with the necessary training to do so.
Overarching all contents of the Environmental Policy and written Company Procedures, is the mandatory requirement to carry out the Company’s operations and procedures in a safe manner.
This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis and/or when required by the business needs and requirements.
Policy Reviewed: 07 June 2021
Reviewed By: Mike Dewey Managing Director
Signed: Mike Dewey